In total Flat Susan will visit and stay with 36 people before she returns home. Yes, thirty six! That's a lot of travelling for such a tiny person. If you are new to this blog perhaps you should scroll to the very first post so you know more about who she is and what is happening with her. You are welcome to take the button on the right to display on your own blog and we hope you will visit the blogs of the people she has been staying with and leave a kind comment after your reading.

You


Friday 5 February 2016

Life Down on the Farm - in Wales

Flat Susan in Pembrokeshire

Huge apologies for the delay in getting this post written.  Flat Susan (more about her below) has been residing with me in Pembrokeshire for a while now.  My health and busy schedule meant that I have not been able to take her out and about as planned, and I nearly just sent her onto the next person, but I realised this is a chance to show some general pictures of our beautiful county and also F.S in our old farmhouse.

She started her world tour back in June 2013!  She travels in her own suitcase (she is so small, this is the most comfortable method of travel for her).



We live in an old farmhouse (blog about the renovation) right in the middle of Pembrokeshire (SW Wales, UK).  Hopefully this map will show our location.

Lower Tancredston

FS has been very comfortable resting in my craft room (on my cosy dachshund cushion).


Here are a few views of the farmhouse and farm (yes, the sun does shine in Wales!).






(This last photo is taken from my craft room window - so you can see that FS has been able to watch all the comings and goings.)

Lower Tancredston is a 400 acre dairy farm.  The oldest part of the farmhouse dates back to the 17th century - and it was then 'extended' in the Georgian period.  I am currently researching the history of the farm and Tancredston as a whole - and will be blogging about it when I have more information to share.

Pembrokeshire - where do I start?  It is the furthest southwest corner of Wales.  We are blessed with a mild climate (frost and snow are relatively rare), but the Atlantic storms do hit us hard in the winter.  The north and south of the county vary a great deal.  We have the Preseli Hills up in the north and the more rugged Atlantic coast on the west, whilst down in the south there are more estuaries and the famous resort of Tenby.

Here are a few views -








If you have never been down here before, then I would definitely recommend a trip soon.  Even a short weekend away would be fabulous - and I can give you ideas on places to stay/visit/eat out/shop.

We have 2 woollen mills close to us, where you can see the weaving machines in action.  We also have a lot of craft shops/artists/events/workshops in the county.

FS is off to Hazel in Kent next.  I will miss her company.


Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading about my adventures, hope you come back and read more. I am always on the move.